○ HOW DO I BAKE MY FROZEN SCONE DOUGH?
- Keep your scones frozen at all times. DO NOT DEFROST. Pre-heat your oven to 350-375 degrees (depending on whether you use convection or standard).
- Place frozen scones onto a parchment-lined, ungreased baking sheet - evenly spaced. If you do not have parchment paper, you can use cooking spray on baking sheet.
- For best results, bake scones on the the middle shelf. Each oven varies, so if scones are baking flat and spreading out, try a slightly higher temperature. Or, if scones are not rising properly (i.e. a hard shell is forming), try lowering your temperature.
- Bake scones until golden brown and firm to touch, rotating the pan half way through, baking approximately total 24-30 minutes. Baking times vary. Scones with fruit may take a little longer than other scones. Higher elevation will need less cooking time. Push on the scones and if they’re still soft/gewy, they’re not ready. Put back for another 5 min.
- Take scones out of the oven. Serve with a glaze (below), whip cream, clotted cream, plot of butter or they are delicious as is as well.
- SIMPLE GLAZE
1 cup of powder sugar
1-2 TBSP of warm water
1 tsp vanilla
Mix with a whisk until smooth. Pour a hefty tea spoon of glaze per scone while hot.
Scones can be refreshed in the toaster oven for 2-3 min after a day to get the outside crunchy yet still remain moist in the center.